http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/09/07/davide-santon-i-am-overjoyed-to-be-a-newcastle-united-player/Davide Santon ? I Am Overjoyed To Be A Newcastle United Player
Newcastle?s recent signing, Italian 20 year-old Davide Santon was due back on Tyneside this morning, after captaining the Italian U21 side to a 3-0 win against Hungary, in the European U21 qualifying game.
Tamas Kadar, who seems to be the forgotten man at Newcastle these days, was in the Hungary side, so the two Newcastle team-mates were against each other last night .
Davide has talked to the Newcastle press today, and says as far as he is concerned he will play anywhere for Newcastle, and the youngster can play in either full-back position and also in midfield too.
The Italian International will make his debut at QPR on Monday night, and Newcastle fans will be very keen to see him in action, and he will be at left-back in that game, and had been given the number 3 shirt on Tyneside.
He played at right back last night for the Italian U21 side, and Davide had this to say to the local Newcastle press today:
?I feel that I am ready. I am naturally both-footed.? ?It is no problem to play on either side as a full-back or on the right wing or left.?
?I am defender but if the manager asks me to attack as well, it?s not a problem.? ?I just want to be part of this team.? ?I am overjoyed still to be a Newcastle United player.?
?I want to win and the sooner I pull on the famous black-and-white striped shirt the better.? ?I can?t wait for this experience now.?
We thought he was primarily right footed but it?s good news he can play with either foot.
Of course following Wednesday?s failure to bring in a new striker to replace Andy Carroll, things have not been positive at Newcastle, and the doom and gloomers have been out in full cry.
That?s one reason the lads have to go all out to get a win at Loftus Road early next week, because that will be four wins in a row, and an excellent start to the season.
There have been cries for Newcastle fans to boycott the club, but that?s like cutting your nose off to spite your face, it simply doesn?t work, and worst of all, it has a negative impact on the players.
That was done during the relegation season, and it didn?t work then ? we were relegated ? and it will not work now, but fans have their own opinions on what should be done, and so be it.
The 7 times capped Italian International continued:
?Alan Pardew told me that the club have a plan to grow together.? ?I feel this is the right place for me now and wouldn?t have left a club like Inter if it wasn?t.?
?I came here because it is a big club and I felt it could benefit my career.? ?I?m happy that I have been given this chance.?
?I just want to show the Newcastle fans that I am a great player and help them continue what has been a great start to the season.?
?I have watched so many Premier League games on TV at home in Italy, now I just want to be part of one of those games.?
?Already I feel by watching these games that I will be comfortable with the pace in the Premier League.?
In an effort to get the lad settled quickly, Newcastle will help Santon and his father Mirco find a home quickly at Newcastle, in the next few days.
We understand both his mother and father will come over to live on Tyneside, to be with their son, and of course they will be at the homes games at St. James? Park too.
David seems to have every chance of becoming a huge player for Newcastle in the years ahead, and he?s a very good replacement for the departed Jose Enrique.
And while it was so disappointing not to being in a new striker last week, it doesn?t alter the fact that Davide was a terrific acquisition for Newcastle United, so the club did something right last Tuesday.
Howay The Lads!!
Comments welcome.