20. juni: Vi ønsker å gjøre forumet mer attraktivt for våre brukere. Vennligst kom med innspill til hvordan vi kan forbedre det! Se i forumkategorien Tilbakemeldinger / info for å gi din mening.

Skrevet av Emne: Newcastle United FC og økonomi/regnskap/finanser, etc.  (Lest 61171 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Frode

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
Sitat
The accounts up to 30th June 2008 have now been filed for both Newcastle United Limited and St James Holdings Limited, the latter company is the parent company that Ashley has used for his investment in the club. Ok some points from both companies:

•   Income is up to £99 million from £87 million last year. As has been discussed on here this is due to the increase in tv money.

•   The club has made a pre tax loss of £20.5 million for the year, leaving the balance sheet technically insolvent to the tune of £36 million. Ernst and Young have signed off a clean audit report due to Ashley giving an undertaking that he will continue to support the club financially.

•   How is the loss made up?

Loss before amortisation, player trading and exceptional items £2.2 million
Allardyce blow out cost £4.7 million
Amortisation of players contracts £17.8 million
Interest paid on the old debt before Ashley paid it off £6.6 million

Total loss from that lot = £31.3 million

We then have a profit from disposal of players £10.8 million

Leaving an overall loss of £20.5 million

•   The question that has been much discussed is how much Ashley has put into the club.  And the answer is £100 million as a loan, £70 million of that was used to clear the old debt and £30 million has been put in to keep the club going. Since the 30th June he has put in a further £10 million of cash as working capital. He paid £138 million to buy the club, so his total investment is £248 million so far.

•   Note 26 to the accounts informs us that in the September transfer window the club spent £13,615,000 on new players and sold players for £13,610,000. This represents a net spend of £5,000.  The same note also tells us that Kevin Keegan resigned on the 4th September, there is no further comment in respect of this.

There will inevitably be some discussion on here at some point about amortisation of players’ contracts and whether it should really count as a cost. In my opinion it should because if you ignore it you don’t reflect the money paid out for players. In other words if you ignore it you are basically saying we got Owen, Duff, Martins, Collo etc for nothing.

Equally there is the argument that depreciation of the money spent on the stadium should not count but again I think it should. The revenue earned from the stadium is a decent chunk of income and it seems to me to be right to reflect some of the original cost of that asset in the results for the year.

There’s a lot more going on in the accounts than that obviously but I hope that the above is of interest. And I hope its understandable, I tried not to get too technical other than the bit on amortisation

Tenkte det var greit å ha en tråd som viser hvor mye eierne har puttet inn i klubben og hvordan klubbens økonomi er forøvrig. Fant dette på N-O og synes det var interessant. Det viser jo hvor mye penger Ashley har brukt totalt på klubben siden hn kjøpte den, 248 millioner pund! Vi får også vite at vi solgte spillere i sommer for £13,610,000, men kjøpte for £5000 mer, nemlig £13,615,000. Så det er nok ikke noe igjen av det evige maset om Milner pengene. Utifra dette kan ikke jeg se at Ashley har stappet noen penger i egen lomme, snarere at kjøpet av klubben til nå har vært en meget stor utgift for han.

PS! Dette er ikke noe forsvar av Ashley fra min side, fant bare innlegget eller tråden så interessant at jeg tenkte noen ville ha sitt å si her også.

Daniel

• NewUtd.no
  • Kaptein
    • Vis profil
Sv: Newcastle United FC og økonomi/regnskap/finanser, etc.
« Svar #1 på: 21. Jan. 2009, 22:12 »
Sliter litt med å se at vi bare solgte for £13mill. Men er kanskje en del add-ons som ikke er tatt med i artikkelen din, Frode?

Milner - £12mill
Emre - £2-3mill
Faye - £2,2mill
Rozehnal - £2,9mill

bjørni

• Kaptein
  • Angel of the North!!!
    • Vis profil
« Svar #2 på: 21. Jan. 2009, 22:17 »
Absolutt interessant lesning.
Jeg lurer likevel litt på kildens troverdighet, da jeg synes det virker rart at han har så eksakte tall? Trodde ikke Ashley måtte oppgi dette så detaljert i regnskapene sine, siden NUFC ikke er noe aksjeselskap?

Frode

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #3 på: 21. Jan. 2009, 22:22 »
Sliter litt med å se at vi bare solgte for £13mill. Men er kanskje en del add-ons som ikke er tatt med i artikkelen din, Frode?

Milner - £12mill
Emre - £2-3mill
Faye - £2,2mill
Rozehnal - £2,9mill

Kan vel tyde på at de tallene du nevner her ikke er penger som gikk rett i klubbkassa. Kansje noen av de gikk tilbake til spillernes forrige klubb, som f.eks. at Leeds fikk en del pund da vi solgte Milner. Kan også hende at vi ikke fikk så mye som media har spekulert i for de andre spillerne.

PS! Det er ihvertfall ikke noen som helst tvil om hvorfor Sir John Hall var så hissig på å bli kvitt klubben!
« Siste redigering: 21. Jan. 2009, 22:24 av Frode »

Geir

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #4 på: 21. Jan. 2009, 22:37 »
Absolutt interessant lesning.
Jeg lurer likevel litt på kildens troverdighet, da jeg synes det virker rart at han har så eksakte tall? Trodde ikke Ashley måtte oppgi dette så detaljert i regnskapene sine, siden NUFC ikke er noe aksjeselskap?

Men han må vel fortsatt ha orden i regnskapet i forhold til skatt? Eller er det jeg som tar feil?

Uansett er det jo antagelig ganske nøyaktige tall. Uansett ganske drøyt at Ashley har måttet investere over 100 mp mer enn det han brukte på å kjøpe klubben. Tyder på en ganske skakkjørt økonomi.

ScandinavianMagpie

• Gjest
« Svar #5 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 09:10 »
Han må ha orden i sysakene ja, men han trenger vel ikke offentliggjøre tallene på samme måte som før- så jeg stiller meg også litt tvilende til troverdigheten på tallene. Hvor har han de ifra?

Asbjørn

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #6 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 15:28 »
Det her sier da ingenting om de såkaldte Milner pengene. Det ble nevnt at Milner pengene skulle brukes til transfers etter at Milner ble solgt, noe bare deler av de ble. Det har aldri blitt nevnt at planen ikke var å bruke en krone netto på overganger. Isåfall skjønner jeg svært lite av 200 millioners budet på Modric.

Mange var i hundre da "vi" fikk hele £12 millioner for Milner, noe jeg tviler på at de er i dag.
« Siste redigering: 22. Jan. 2009, 15:34 av Asbjørn »
"Ler og godtar meg over dei er inne som er forbanna på Ashley og Co. No gidde eg ikkje innpå denne tråden meir og lese om alle som meinar Ashley er verdens mest gnitne person, kor KATASTROFE denne sommaren har vore, kor REVVA klubben verte styrt."

Kristoffer

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #7 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 15:59 »
Fra The Chronicle:

Sitat
THE state of the Toon’s finances is today laid bare.

Latest accounts for the Magpies show owner Mike Ashley has ploughed more than £100m into the club to wipe off debt and keep it ticking over.

The papers reveal ex- boss Sam Allardyce and his management team pocketed payouts of £4.6m when they left the club in January last year.

They also show United chiefs received £6.7m in compensation for striker Michael Owen getting injured during the 2006 World Cup.

The Toon’s turnover rose from £87.1m to £99.4m over the last year to reflect the Premier League’s new three-year television deal.

The Magpies have a wage bill of £62.6m, up from £53.2m, which eats up more than 70% of the club’s annual income.

Overall, United recorded a loss before tax of £20.3m, which was less than in 2007, when it lost £34.2m.

And the accounts, prepared by accountants Ernst and Young, reveal Ashley has ploughed in a further £10m of his own money since the end of the last financial year.

They have been signed off on the basis Ashley has given assurances he will continue to finance operations into the future, which comes just weeks after he revealed the club is no longer up for sale.

A note to the financial statement adds: "This funding, together with newly- agreed bank facilities, has been incorporated into the directors’ cash flow forecast for the group.

"These forecasts indicate that the group can continue to meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements.

"The directors have also received a commitment from its parent undertaking, St James Holdings Ltd, and from the ultimate controlling party Mr MJW Ashley that they will continue to provide the group with financial support so that it can meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements or up until the date of any changing control.

"On this basis, the directors have prepared the financial statements on a going-concern basis."

The introductory report to the accounts, written by managing director Derek Llambias, states average Premier League attendances at St James’s Park rose from 50,686 to 51,321.

It also states matchday and commercial income declined over the year but more income was received due to the fact the Magpies finished 12th, compared to 13th a season earlier.
...i det selvutnevnte Nordens Paris, som er en like virkelighetsfjern sammenlikning som å kalle Skedsmokorset Nordens Milano.

http://www.last.fm/user/arhaida

Eirik515

• Midtbaneanker
    • Vis profil
« Svar #8 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 16:43 »
Høye lønninger = mindre penger til spillerkjøp. Enkelt og greit

Mats

• Midtbaneanker
    • Vis profil
« Svar #9 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 16:47 »
Fra The Chronicle:

Sitat
THE state of the Toon’s finances is today laid bare.

Latest accounts for the Magpies show owner Mike Ashley has ploughed more than £100m into the club to wipe off debt and keep it ticking over.

The papers reveal ex- boss Sam Allardyce and his management team pocketed payouts of £4.6m when they left the club in January last year.

They also show United chiefs received £6.7m in compensation for striker Michael Owen getting injured during the 2006 World Cup.

The Toon’s turnover rose from £87.1m to £99.4m over the last year to reflect the Premier League’s new three-year television deal.

The Magpies have a wage bill of £62.6m, up from £53.2m, which eats up more than 70% of the club’s annual income.

Overall, United recorded a loss before tax of £20.3m, which was less than in 2007, when it lost £34.2m.

And the accounts, prepared by accountants Ernst and Young, reveal Ashley has ploughed in a further £10m of his own money since the end of the last financial year.

They have been signed off on the basis Ashley has given assurances he will continue to finance operations into the future, which comes just weeks after he revealed the club is no longer up for sale.

A note to the financial statement adds: "This funding, together with newly- agreed bank facilities, has been incorporated into the directors’ cash flow forecast for the group.

"These forecasts indicate that the group can continue to meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements.

"The directors have also received a commitment from its parent undertaking, St James Holdings Ltd, and from the ultimate controlling party Mr MJW Ashley that they will continue to provide the group with financial support so that it can meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements or up until the date of any changing control.

"On this basis, the directors have prepared the financial statements on a going-concern basis."

The introductory report to the accounts, written by managing director Derek Llambias, states average Premier League attendances at St James’s Park rose from 50,686 to 51,321.

It also states matchday and commercial income declined over the year but more income was received due to the fact the Magpies finished 12th, compared to 13th a season earlier.

Er det normalt av en klubb å legge ut sånt som dette?
Alan Shearer. Ingen over, ingen ved siden.

Eirik515

• Midtbaneanker
    • Vis profil
« Svar #10 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 16:53 »
Nei, men kanskje Mike Ashley vil vise hvor mye penger han faktisk har lagt i denne klubben.

Kristoffer

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #11 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 16:56 »
Er ikke der min kritikk ligger heller. Dette visste man vel ganske greit fra før av!
...i det selvutnevnte Nordens Paris, som er en like virkelighetsfjern sammenlikning som å kalle Skedsmokorset Nordens Milano.

http://www.last.fm/user/arhaida

Joakim

• NewUtd-teamet
  • Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #12 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 17:03 »
Spørsmålet er vel heller hva han gjør med pengene, og jeg synes ikke disse tallene er godt nok forsvar.
Aw went to Blaydon Races, 'twas on the ninth of Joon,
Eiteen hundred an' sixty-two, on a summer's efternoon

Erlend Simonsen

• Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #13 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 17:05 »
Er ikke der min kritikk ligger heller. Dette visste man vel ganske greit fra før av!

men svarer ikke dette delvis på din kritikk?

Vi er fortsatt en klubb som sliter økonomisk, og det er jo ikke rart vi ikke satser når vi tidligere har satset alt over hode på oss selv.

skjønner plutselig denne lønnspolitkken litt bedre.

Spørsmålet er vel heller hva han gjør med pengene, og jeg synes ikke disse tallene er godt nok forsvar.

hva mener du?
Han kom, ble mett og dett var dett....

Joakim

• NewUtd-teamet
  • Kaptein
    • Vis profil
« Svar #14 på: 22. Jan. 2009, 17:07 »
Det har for eksempel kommet kritikk for hvor Milner-pengene har blitt av. Etter det jeg greier å lese av disse tallene som legges frem, så har jeg fremdeles ikke noe godt svar på det.
Aw went to Blaydon Races, 'twas on the ninth of Joon,
Eiteen hundred an' sixty-two, on a summer's efternoon